Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Thoughts From Kayleigh

Hey friends! It's Kayleigh blogging!
I  cannot believe I been here for 3 weeks already! It seems like just the other day I was getting settled in my room for the summer. We've had two groups so far and one more to go! It is unbelievable the work that God has done here, and the relationships we've been able to grow. Last week we went with the group to the inauguration of a new church that was planted in San Bernardo. The worship that night was incredible, and the freedom I felt in worshiping in anyway that I wanted. We were all dancing around and singing at the top of our lungs....the best we could anyway, considering it was all in Spanish. But it really didn't matter because we were all worshiping the same God! Our relationships with the people are becoming more and more rooted as brothers and sisters in Christ. One of the little girls here, Nicol, is always around and clinging onto us for love. Last night she was feeling upset and came and sat on my lap and cried for an hour. it felt so good to just hold her, and let her know that I loved her and that she was valued; and that Jesus loved her more than she could know. It makes me teary eyed thinking about it. 
Some of our other relationships, however, lean more on the lighthearted side. For example, this group of guys that we love came over last night, and we stayed up talking and cracking up until almost 12:30AM. My heart is so attached to the people here, I don't even want to think about leaving! This country is so peaceful and has been such a great place to come and let God speak to me. My thoughts are clear, and my heart has been opened up even more. I can't wait to see what He has planned for this next week and a half. He is so indescribably powerful and beautiful! 
I think it's safe to say I'll be back again next year!

Kayleigh Farris