GTD's Day Trip Program is made up of half day and full day getaways that are designed to revitalize your spirit. Never underestimate the importance of play, fun, & recreation. Day Trips are a great way to involve new people, get some needed diversion, and have a whole lot of Christ centered fun!
A BRIEF NOTE ABOUT GTD'S PUBLIC DAY TRIPS
Throughout the year GTD provides various PUBLIC Day Trips that are open to the general public. PUBLIC Day Trips allow individuals or small groups (usually less than 15 people) to participate without needing a sponsoring organization to reserve a trip. It's a great ways to experience a God-awesome getaway at an affordable rate. Listed here are a few examples of public events provided through our Day Trip Program. You can find an exciting PUBLIC EVENT that fits your level of adventure by clicking onto our Calendar link. Enjoy! (For additional events that only last one day see our Team Synergy & Exertion Programs.)
What does a GTD event look like???
Check out this highlight video and see for yourself!
GTD Day Trips can be reserved for groups of 15 participants or more. GTD will plan, prepare, and provide a custom made day trip getaway for your group! A REGULAR Day Trip lasts up to 4 hours and includes 1 activity, a devotion, and 1 meal. A MEGA Day Trip lasts up to 8 hours and includes 2 activities, a devotion, and 2 meals. (*PRIVATE Day Trips do not include transportation)
TYPES OF GROUPS
GTD offers Day Trips to all types of groups such as church groups, youth groups (children, middle & high school ages), Sunday school groups, athletic groups, sport's teams, college groups, young adult groups, adult groups, retired groups, men's groups, women's groups, couples, families, leadership, businesses & more.
DAY TRIP ACTIVITIES TO CHOOSE FROM
Canoeing, mini adventure races, caving, day hiking, geocaching (scavenger hunt with GPS), inner tubing, snorkeling, team building, island games & cookout, team sports, group games, & service projects.
MOST POPULAR PRIVATE ADVENTURE TRIP
Our most popular Day Trip for private groups is a day of canoeing. With so many incredible waterways in Florida, it's a great way to experience the great outdoors!
ALSO POSSIBLE - GTD "NIGHT TRIPS"
GTD can also provide a night event for your group to watch an Outdoor Movie on the "big screen" (OK, actually it's a big bed sheet, but it works really good!). Outdoor Movies can work as a Regualr Day Trip or it can be the 2nd part of a MEGA Day Trip. Imagine watching a great flick on a big screen while in the middle of the forest as you pop popcorn & make smores over the campfire! It's a great experience! And we are happy to say that we use movies that have been professionally edited to remove inappropriate language & sexual content.
TEAM GTD + DAY TRIPS = GOD AWESOME FUN!
For TEAM GTD assembling a Day Trip is more than just randomly setting up a few activities. We want to create a getaway that you love. We want to create a Day Trip that is exciting & fun. We want your first impression of your Day Trip to be, "Wow! Sweet! I love this activity! This place is awesome!" Those kind of responses are the kind of responses we get when we set up a Day Trip The GTD Way. The GTD Way is deliberate, creative, functional and fun. At TEAM GTD our objective is to create a temporary playground that promotes spiritual growth, recreation, community, physical renewal, outdoor dining, and fun times all while preserving a feel of being in God's amazing creation (which reveals the evidence of God). We hope you love it as much as we do!
ABOUT THE MEALS
Our participants love our meals... they're not your typical camp meals... they are so much better! The following menu is an example of what you may find on a GTD event:
• BREAKFAST: Pancakes, French Toast, Eggs w/ Biscuits & Gravy, Cereal, Fruit & Bagels
• LUNCH: Pizza Quesadillas!!; Sandwiches & Chips; Hamburgers
• DINNER: Tacos, Fajitas, Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo, Spaghetti
• DRINKS: Water, Lemonade and/or Gatorade
We don't supply a lot snacks so bring them if you need them. If your group has vegetarians, individuals with food allergies, or individuals with special dietary needs we will try to accommodate, but we need to know in advance (you may want to bring a few supplemental meals).
WHAT IS INCLUDED
Full time guides, all activity equipment, daily adventure(s), meal(s), devotions & spiritual emphasis, a lifelong memory!
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
Transportation, snacks, water bottles, meals during transit, items listed on packing checklist.
RATES (all payments are non-refundable)
The following RATES are for Private Events only and are subject to change without warning.
- Minimum Participants Required.... 15
- Maximum Participants Allowed.... 30+ (varies according to activity)
- Group Registration Fee (one time fee per group per event) = $50 per group
<> Day Trip (Participant Rate)
- Regular Day Trip (up to 4 hours) (includes 1 meal & 1 adventure) = $29 per person
- MEGA Day Trip (up to 8 hours) (includes 2 meals & 2 adventure) = $49 per person
<> OPTIONAL UPGRADES
- Additional Meals.... $6 per person
- Additional Activities (paintball, horseback riding, etc).... call for quote
<> PENALTY FEES
- Late Payment Fee.... $50 per incident
<> PAYMENT SCHEDULE & DUE DATES
- $50 Registration Fee & Signed Contract: Within 1 week of reserving
- 25% of Total (based on minimal # of required participants - 15)... Within 1 mth of reserving
- 25% of Total (based on minimal # of required participants - 15)... 3 mths before start date
- 25% of Total (based on minimal # of required participants - 15)... 2 mths before start date
- 25% of Total (based on minimal # of required participants - 15)... 1 mths before start date
- Final Payment (for any additional participants beyond the required 15)... due day of event
**ALL PAYMENTS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE**