GTD's Adventure Program is made up of multi-day camping trips filled with exhilarating activities such as white water rafting, rock climbing, rappelling, backpacking, cliff jumping, and water fall sliding in a fun-loving Christian atmosphere! Besides just being a blast, these trips bond groups together and teach us how to live life fully while living out our faith passionately! GTD offers both Private & Public Adventure Trips.
A BRIEF NOTE ABOUT GTD'S PUBLIC ADVENTURE TRIPS
Throughout the year GTD provides various PUBLIC Adventure Trips that are open to the general public. PUBLIC Adventure Trips allow individuals or small groups (usually less than 15 people) to participate without needing a sponsoring organization to reserve a trip. It's a great ways to experience a God-awesome adventure at an affordable rate. Listed here are some examples of public events provided through our Adventure Program. You can find an exciting PUBLIC EVENT that fits your level of adventure by clicking onto our Calendar link. Enjoy!
What does a GTD Adventure Trip look like???
Check out this GTD promo video and see for yourself!
GTD Adventure Trips can be reserved for groups of 15 participants or more. GTD will plan, prepare, and provide a custom made adventure for your group! PRIVATE Adventure Trips last 4-7 days and includes: all camping gear (expect personal sleeping bags & items listed on each participant's packing list), all adventure gear, all cooking & eating supplies, camping meals, campground, leadership, full-time guides, daily devotionals, nightly speakers, and your group's choice of adventures. (*PRIVATE Adventure Trips do not include transportation)
PEAK SEASON: May - Aug | SLOW SEASON: Oct - Apr
Adventure Trips during our slow seasons can be available upon request and usually require an additional fee.
During our peak season we offer Adventure Trips to the National Forests of Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, North & South Carolina. In the winter we offer some Adventure Trips in Florida.
WITH ADVANCED NOTICE, ADVENTURE TRIPS CAN BE SCHEDULED TO SOME OF THESE LOCATIONS DURING OUR SLOW SEASONS (THIS USUALLY REQUIRES AN ADDITIONAL FEE)
TYPES OF GROUPS
GTD offers Adventure Trips to all types of groups such as church groups, youth groups (children, middle & high school ages), Sunday school groups, athletic groups, sport's teams, college groups, young adult groups, adult groups, retired groups, men's groups, women's groups, couples, families, leadership, businesses & more.
ADVENTURES TO CHOOSE FROM
Rock climbing, rappelling, waterfall slides, cliff & bridge jumping, white water rafting (additional fee), day hikes, multi-day backpacking, geocaching (GPS scavenger hunt), mini adventure races, team building, caving, canoeing, inner tubing, mt boarding, mt biking (BYOB), swimming holes, team sports, & group games, Habitat For Humanity & service projects.
MOST POPULAR PRIVATE ADVENTURE TRIP
Our most popular Adventure Trip for private groups is a 5 day trip with the following adventures: rock climbing, rappelling, waterfall slide, cliff &/or bridge jumping, white water rafting (additional fee), and an outdoor movie.
ALSO INCLUDED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE
GTD also provides the option for your group to watch an Outdoor Movie on the "big screen" (OK, actually it's a big bed sheet, but it works really good!). Imagine watching a great flick on a big screen while in the middle of the forest as you pop popcorn & make smores over the campfire! It's a great experience! And we are happy to say that we use movies that have been professionally edited to remove inappropriate language & sexual content.
ABOUT OUR BASE CAMP
For TEAM GTD assembling a Base Camp is more than just randomly setting up a few tents, chairs and a mess hall. We want to create an environment that you love. We want to create a Base Camp that is inviting & fun. We want your first impression of your Base Camp to be, "Wow! Sweet! I love hammocks! Who wants to play volleyball! You've got cots, cool! This place is awesome!" Those kind of responses are the kind of responses we get when we set up a Base Camp The GTD Way. The GTD Way is deliberate, creative, functional and fun. At TEAM GTD our objective is to create a temporary playground that promotes spiritual growth, recreation, community, sound sleep, physical renewal, outdoor dining, fun times, adequate hygiene and warmth while preserving a feel of being in God's amazing creation (which reveals the evidence of God). We hope you love it as much as we do!
ABOUT THE MEALS
Our participants love our meals... they're not your typical camp meals... they are so much better! The following menu is an example of what you may find on a GTD event:
• BREAKFAST: Pancakes, French Toast, Eggs w/ Biscuits & Gravy, Cereal, Fruit & Bagels
• LUNCH: Pizza Quesadillas!!; Sandwiches & Chips; Hamburgers
• DINNER: Tacos, Fajitas, Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo, Spaghetti
• DRINKS: Water, Lemonade and/or Gatorade
We don't supply a lot snacks so bring them if you need them. If your group has vegetarians, individuals with food allergies, or individuals with special dietary needs we will try to accommodate, but we need to know in advance (you may want to bring a few supplemental meals).
WHAT IS INCLUDED
Full time guides, all activity equipment & camping gear, daily adventures, additional campsite activities, accommodations, up to 15 meals, devotions & spiritual emphasis, a lifelong memory!
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
Transportation, optional white water rafting (additional fee), snacks, individual sleeping bags, water bottles, meals during transit, items listed on packing checklist.
RATES (all payments are non-refundable)
The following RATES are for Private Events only and are subject to change without warning.
- Minimum Participants Required.... 15
- Maximum Participants Allowed.... 75
- Group Registration Fee (one time fee per group per event).... $250 (per group)
<> Adventure Trip (Participant Rate)
- x 5 Days.... $199 per person
<> OPTIONAL UPGRADES
- Additional Days/Nights.... $40 per person per day
- Out-Of-Season Event Fee.... $1000 per group
- White Water Rafting (Ocoee River - Ducktown, TN).... $40+ per person
- White Water Rafting (Chattooga River Section 4 - Clayton, GA).... $95+ per person
- White Water Rafting (Nantahala River - Bryson City, NC).... $30+ per person
- Cabins.... $18+ per person per night
- Additional Adventures (paintball, horseback riding, etc).... call for quote
<> PENALTY FEES
- Late Payment Fee.... $50 per incident
<> PAYMENT SCHEDULE & DUE DATES
- $250 Registration Fee & Signed Contract.... Within 1 week of reserving
- 25% of Total (based on minimal # of required participants - 15).... 9 mths before start date
- 25% of Total (based on minimal # of required participants - 15).... 7 mths before start date
- 25% of Total (based on minimal # of required participants - 15) .... 5 mths before start date
- 25% of Total (based on minimal # of required participants - 15).... 3 mths before start date
- Final Payment (for any additional participants beyond the required 15).... 1 mth before start date
**ALL PAYMENTS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE**