Tuesday, June 26, 2012

FOUND A BODY TODAY (Tellico Plains, TN)

Murder in Tellico... While looking for some of our hiking gear we lost yesterday I made a grim discovery. I found the body of a young man (maybe in his lower 30's) who had been murdered in the last 14 hours. I was about 12 miles from cell phone range and I was by myself so I jogged back up the short trail and flagged down a car with a man and his young son. They stayed at the gravel parking lot near the body while I drove about 8 miles to the Ranger Station. I led the police officers back to the body. While I was away the man & his son found some gun shell casings about 30 feet from the body in the parking lot that may or may not be related to this incident. The officer said it's the first murder here in about 20-25 years. I stayed to give a report. The police dept, detectives, cheif of police, EMT's, National Forest Rangers, & T.B.I. (Tennessee Bureau of Investigation) were all there. All of our group was off on a seperate adventure and are all safe & sound. We were scheduled to leave tomorrow morning, but have decided to leave tonight instead. Please pray for the family of the man who was killed.

---