Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Get My "But" Out Of God's Way!

Today I read from Exodus (3 and 4) when God called Moses to lead his people to freedom and Moses protested. Moses was filled with a lot of doubts in his own capabilities despite the many ways in which God reassured him that he'd be with him and equip him to convince his people to listen. Numerous times Moses answered with a "BUT" and/or WHAT IF! It makes me wonder how many times I too have answered GOD with a "BUT" and/or WHAT IF" disqualifying myself to be used by God. My human flesh tells me I'm not good enough, that I'm not capable, or that someone else can do it better, BUT God says, I am good enough, fully capable and doing the best with what I have. My prayer is I listen to God and get my "BUT" out of His way and start wondering "WHAT IF I DO", and whose life can I impact.  - Laurie