It's impossible to go to another country and experience their culture without comparing & contrasting it to my own culture in my own country.
Here is a list of the Top 5 things I love about Costa Rica that are less apparent (or becoming less apparent) in the US followed by a list of the Top 5 things I really appreciate when I get back to the US.
PS: Costa Rica has been named, The Happiest Place In The World... "Costa Ricans report the highest life satisfaction in the world and have the second-highest average life expectancy of the new world." according to the New Economics Foundation in Britain
TOP 5 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT COSTA RICA
- 5) Much safer place to live and raise a family
- (with the exception of a few areas where secularism prevails which has given birth to higher drug use, theft, & increasing rates of violent crimes)
- 4) Less secularism, less atheism, & more freedom to worship God openly in public places
- 3) High levels of individual honesty & integrity
- 2) Simplicity & Frugality
- 1) The People!!!
- (Awesome attitudes, very loving & caring people, no "drama", they lack anger & hostility, not overly critical & sarcastic, respectful kids, ALWAYS HAVE TIME FOR family-friends-neighbors)
TOP 5 THINGS I REALLY APPRECIATE WHEN I GET BACK TO THE U.S.
- 5) Multi-lane Highways, Emergency Lanes, Street Signs & Addresses
- 4) Mail
- 3) American Ambition & Drive
- 2) Hot Water
- 1) We Can Flush Our Toilet Paper!!