Wednesday, February 15, 2012

TOP 10

It's impossible to go to another country and experience their culture without comparing & contrasting it to my own culture in my own country.

Here is a list of the Top 5 things I love about Costa Rica that are less apparent (or becoming less apparent) in the US followed by a list of the Top 5 things I really appreciate when I get back to the US.

PS: Costa Rica has been named, The Happiest Place In The World... "Costa Ricans report the highest life satisfaction in the world and have the second-highest average life expectancy of the new world." according to the New Economics Foundation in Britain

TOP 5 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT COSTA RICA

  • 5) Much safer place to live and raise a family
    • (with the exception of a few areas where secularism prevails which has given birth to higher drug use, theft, & increasing rates of violent crimes)
  • 4) Less secularism, less atheism, & more freedom to worship God openly in public places
  • 3) High levels of individual honesty & integrity
  • 2) Simplicity & Frugality
  • 1) The People!!! 
    • (Awesome attitudes, very loving & caring people, no "drama", they lack anger & hostility, not overly critical & sarcastic, respectful kids, ALWAYS HAVE TIME FOR family-friends-neighbors)
TOP 5 THINGS I REALLY APPRECIATE WHEN I GET BACK TO THE U.S.
  • 5) Multi-lane Highways, Emergency Lanes, Street Signs & Addresses
  • 4) Mail
  • 3) American Ambition & Drive
  • 2) Hot Water
  • 1) We Can Flush Our Toilet Paper!!

---