Thursday, July 22, 2021

FUNNY STORY:

Yesterday I was sitting on the front porch with my parents. We were all rocking away in rocking chairs in a "pleasant" 94 degrees. My Mom is 90 and I'm 50 (going on 23). One of the neighborhood boys who is 9 years old stopped by to say hi to my parents. He was bored. So I asked him if he had a kickball or something similar. He went home and got a soccer ball. So, just a few feet away from my parents, he and I played a fun little playground game called "Bottle Cap" that I learned a few months ago from ZEAL youth group. Eventually he had to go home (after I soundly defeated him of course - haha). Today I was just inside the glass / screen door watching my Mom rocking away in her rocking chair while I returned some phone calls. The neighborhood boy rode up on his bike and went over to my Mom and asked, "Can your son come out to play?" Baahahahahaha!! My Mom started laughing... she hasn't heard that question in about 40 years!! What a precious kid! That made my day! I don't think I'll ever stop being a kid at heart - hahaha!
 
 
.