Saturday, November 11, 2023

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE! ...HAPPY VETERANS DAY!!

 
A huge & heartfelt THANK YOU to all our military veterans (AND their spouses & families) who made all kinds of self-sacrificing choices in order to serve our country! We salute you!! Thank you for your service!!

Our Dad faithfully served 20 years in the United States Air Force including Vietnam & Iran, and our Mom spent many months & years by herself raising kids and managing all of the household responsibilities (not to mention uprooting and moving every few years). Traci & I lived on or near military bases in Georgia (before I was born), Florida, Texas, & Mississippi.

Interesting Side Note: If the military recruiter I met as a Respiratory Therapy (RT) student in 1995 had shown up to his office for our scheduled meeting there's a good chance I would have enlisted & accepted a $5000 signing bonus (I was going to use the money to send my parents on a nice vacation), and my life would have taken a different course. But he never showed up to our meeting, never called, & never followed up. I loved the military and had many times growing up when I wanted to follow in my Dad's footsteps, but that day I took the fact that this very zealous recruiter forgot our scheduled meeting as a "sign" to keep tracking on the course I was already on. Otherwise there's a good probability that I would have decided to enlist that day.

(*Image by pikisuperstar on Freepik)
 
 
.