Tuesday, November 14, 2017

GOD'S LOVE LANGUAGE IS OBEDIENCE!

Our greatest calling in life... the very fiber of our DNA is designed and created with one chief ambition: to ACCEPT God's love and to REFLECT God's love.

You can't reflect what you don't accept.

In other words, we can't generate love in our own power. The theory of evolution is too impotent and too self absorbed to create selfless love. We need a source. GOD IS LOVE. He is the source.

The first part is to ACCEPT God's love. It was fully displayed by Christ's selfless sacrifice on the cross.

The second part is to REFLECT God's love. As God's love overflows in your life you can't resist wanting to pour out what you've received back to God and on to others.

We REFLECT love back to God through the act of obedience. Just like in the movie "The Princess Bride" when we say, "As you wish", we are really saying, "I love you."

So in order to fulfill the Greatest Commandment of loving God with all of our heart, all of our mind, all of our body, and all of our soul we simply OBEY God with all of our heart, all of our mind, all of our body, and all of our soul.

With each act of obedience (especially at times when we are tempted to be disobedient) we are saying to God: I LOVE YOU!

And that is the essence of life itself.

"If you love me, you will keep my commandments." - JESUS (John 14:15)

"Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him." - JESUS (John 14:21)

STRiVE to THRiVE!