Sunday, October 29, 2017

CHEAT DAY!!

1 day each week I get to eat anything I want, as much as I want, anytime I want. That day was today!

There's only so much a stomach can hold in a day so it's not as much food as you may imagine. Today I had:

- half order of biscuits and gravy
- 2 eggs
- 3 strips of bacon
- grits
- 5 carmel candies
- small snack size bag of potato chips
- medium meat lovers pizza
- 2 glasses of coke
- 2 banana smoothies
- 1 bowl of ice cream

Usually by the end of CHEAT DAY I'm experiencing sugar induced headaches and a wrecked stomach which is all the reminder and motivation I need to stick to clean eating for the next 6 days. Not all clean eaters need a CHEAT DAY, but I've found it to be indispensable to avoid the perfection trap that often leads to giving up as well as a small reward for 6 days of discipline in addition to the remotivation to keep eating healthy. I love CHEAT DAY =)

While the concept of a CHEAT DAY is great for maintaining consistency for clean eating, it doesn't work for sin binges or spurts of immorality. In those cases it's best to strive for the bullseye.

STRiVE to THRiVE!