Friday, October 20, 2017

CARDIO WORKOUT... DONE!

I used to try to fit my workouts into my day... usually after a full day of office work.

I'm a morning person so I liked to use my most productive energy for my job and then tried to find an opening later in the day for my workouts. But pushing off my workouts often lead to missing my workouts. Inconsistency doesn't achieve peak performance or fitness.

Since my motivation to work is always greater than my motivation to workout it was time for a paradigm shift. For the past 7 weeks I've made my workouts one of the first five things I do each morning and I haven't missed a workout yet.

That one adjustment increased my consistency ten fold which increased my energy, health, and productivity a hundred fold!

Don't get me wrong. I'm rarely motivated to workout... only about 20% of the time. 80% of the time my mind tries to talk me out of it. But that's where discipline comes in. Discipline is making yourself do what you should do even when you don't feel like it.

The awesome thing is that God blesses you with an inner reward and abundant satisfaction after you do what you should do when you didn't feel like it. Very few things in life compare to the great feeling that's experienced when you do the right thing when you're mind and emotions tried to persuade you to bail out.

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." - 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

STRiVE to THRiVE!