Thursday, April 4, 2024

6 MONTHS INTO MY TAKEback ATTACK AND I'M 20 YEARS YOUNGER!

  
I haven't shared much about this in a while, but I've been quietly on the attack in Jesus name. Over the past 6 months there has been a lot of healthy gains in my life since I started my TAKEback ATTACK in Jesus name. One of those areas of healthy gains is my "feels like" age. As I wrote back in October, for the first time in my life I felt older than my actual age (see excerpt below). I'm very happy to share that my consistent daily devotions, consistent daily declarations of God's promises, and my consistent regular workout routine has been a fountain of youth for me. In fact, I'd say I've easily knocked off 20 "feels like" years off of my age... in October I felt like I was 64... today I feel like I'm 44... and I'm continuing to trend younger & younger each week by the grace & power of God... my former Pastor used to refer to me as the oldest teenager in his church haha! I loved that! And I aim to return to that fun-loving "19 year old" "teenager forever" zeal for life... not in an immature irresponsible way, but in that unjaded zest for life "got a million dreams to live out" and "let's win the world for Jesus" kind of way. I'm not there yet, and I'm still in a somewhat fragile state, but I'm way less fragile and rock-bottom than I was 6 months ago. As someone once said, "Rock bottom is a solid foundation to build upon". I've been rebuilding my life upon the solid foundation of God's promises as I attempt to R.I.S.E.&.F.I.G.H.T. my way back to the abundant life (John 10:10). I used to laugh a lot, and I'm starting to laugh again. I used to dream a lot (as in have endless Godly ambitions), and I'm starting to dream again. I used to be playful, and I'm starting to play again. These are significant signs of life to me. Can a person actually get younger? With God ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!! I believe it... I receive it... I proclaim it... and I declare it over my life! ...The thief comes only to kill, steal, & to destroy, BUT I (Jesus) came that you may have life, and have it to the full (abundantly). That's a big BUT hahaha! I can rebuild my entire life upon that big BUT lol! Thank You Jesus!!

This is a picture from our swamp hike in February... that was the best I've felt doing that hike in 5 years - PTL!
 
Excerpt from Oct Facebook post:
"Since I was 24 years old every birthday from that point on I've always felt like I was still 24 years old. That is until this year. For the first time in my life I feel older than I actually am. I feel more like I'm 64. Over the past 5 years I feel like I've aged 40 years. It has been very ugly physically, mentally, and emotionally. Caregiving was always the right thing to do. It was never even a question. And the sacrifices that my Sister and I made for our parents don't come close to comparing to the amazing & loving sacrifices they made for us. How many things and aspirations did they sacrifice in order to have us and raise us?!?! Countless. But Caregiving has been exhausting and brutal. The toll it has taken on us physically, mentally, & emotionally is hard to put into words. The best way I can begin to articulate it is that the entire overwhelming & exhausting journey DECIMATED me (nearly utterly destroyed me) in every tangible area of my life (health, church life, close friendships, finances, sleep, fitness, nutrition, consistent prayer life, missed opportunities, ability to be on top of anything, taking care of my responsibilities, being effective in anything, being behind on everything, watching almost everything in my life fall apart, watching our parents [who we dearly love] slowly die each day, crisis after crisis, emergency room visit after emergency room visit, prolonged hospitalizations, and the list goes on). In my mind I want to write a book titled, "How Caregiving Almost Killed Me". A Cautionary Tale of sorts. I'm actually very surprised I'm still alive."
 
 
.