Saturday, October 13, 2018

SHELF LIFE! (R.O.T.C. = Renovating On The Cheap)

Special thanks to my Dad & People Helping People of Pinellas Park for donating shelving (that they were retiring) to me & GTD.

Carson & my Dad disassembled the shelves a few months ago. Laurie & I have been reassembling them little by little over the past 2 months. And Traci & Carson helped create the overhead storage.

Today I finished stocking the shelves and decluttering the garage. This now gives us the workspace we need to move forward with the home improvements projects.

One of our goals is to reduce our storage / possessions by at least 50% over the next 6 months.

I can't express how much simple joy I now get from clutter-free open space. That's coming from a guy that has historically held onto way too much stuff "just in case". But that ship has sailed... there's a new paradigm taking hold in my life that revels in clutter-free open space. I've got a long road of decluttering ahead of me, but I can't wait to travel this route.

Thanks again to People Helping People of Pinellas Park for their generous donation of shelving, as well as my family & friends for their hard work in this project!!

Final costs: Main shelving = FREE. Overhead shelving was built 3 years ago. Additional shelving supplies to add more shelves = $100. Total current shelving cost = $100.