Monday, September 26, 2016

BRINGING DOWN THE WALL (OF TASKS)!

For 14-16 hours per day nearly everyday for the past 4 weeks I have awakened early and worked late. From "OhCrud:30 am" till "OhCrud:30 pm" I have attacked my Wall Of Tasks with an obsessed intensity. These tasks represent the last wall that stands between where I've been stuck for 6+ years and where God has called me to be. I've been pounding on walls like this since 2009-ish, never giving up never backing down. Six years ago The Great Recession nearly devastated our humble ministry. It nearly ended 19 years of hard work. We had to let go of our staff and all of our volunteers had to move on. It was like we were building a big house with 30 workers and everything was going great and the house was taking shape. Then in a matter of a few months in 2010 there were only a couple of workers that could continue to build the house. We've had so many wonderful supporters, contributors, and encourages that continued to fund our humble budget. Everyday Laurie and I have risen, picked up the hammer, and continued to build this house called GTD. It has been excruciating. It has been exhausting. It has been the hardest thing I've ever done. And everyday I've shown up for work. Everyday I've continued to build the house. I've sacrificed nearly everything in order to continue this building. A 60 hour work week is a short week. And inch by excruciating inch the house has continued to take shape. Now I'm standing at a Wall of Tasks that represents the end of that tough chapter, and the beginning of something even more beautiful for GTD... a strong and healthy future. We're not quite there, but we almost are and I can feel the celebration welling up inside of me. I've had to push pause on the tasks for now to run our trips out west, but I can't wait to return to keep tearing down this wall and marching on to much bigger and better things in GTD. Houses are meant for more than just constructing them... they are meant to house great works of ministry. And we are almost there! Praise Jesus!!

"Unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." - Psalm 127:1
 
(I wrote this a couple of days ago on our flight to Vegas, but didn't get a chance to post it until now.)