Thursday, September 29, 2016

National Park #3: Capitol Reef!!

National Park #3: Capitol Reef!!

Apple picking amongst the deers!!!!!

This is one of the lesser known National Parks, but one of my favorites. We spent our time picking apples just a few feet away from wild deer that don't feel threatened by human beings. It was so cool! And the apples are delicious!!

Afterwards we spent time in God's Word. Our theme this week is taken from the current advertising campaign & slogan of Utah: "Life Elevated". That campaign has increased Utah's tourism by millions upon millions. We are taking time to discuss what "Life Elevated" looks like in a spiritual sense. God elevates us from lost to found, dead to alive, servant to friend, tail to head. In fact, Jesus said in John 10:10 that He came to not just give us live, but moreover to give us an abundant life. He elevates our lives with a supernatural abundance because He's a Good Father and because we are now a part His "Life Elevated" slogan and authentic advertising campaign to reach a lost and deflated world. Although I live a very financially humble life, I can attest that because of Christ alone I experience a supernatural abundance and joy that has elevated my life since I asked Jesus in my heart when I was 8 years old. He immediately took me to Life Elevated and all I want to do is invite people on this supernatural Life Elevated "balloon ride" to taste and see that God is good!

We are having an amazing time on our Mighty 5 Utah Trip. We finished our time at Capitol Reef with a 20 mile driving tour of this phenomenal relatively unknown National Park. Good times!