Monday, June 6, 2016

LOCK-DOWN MODE

These are my tools for a highly productive & effective work week.

For the past 2 weeks I've been in a LOCK-DOWN mode. Sometimes the amount of work that piles up requires me to implement a self-imposed solitary confinement (or LOCK-DOWN mode as I like to call it) of monomanical work. I get up early, lock the door, put my phone on airplane mode, start cranking out the work, and eventually go to bed late. Then press the repeat button. I tend to skip sleep, meals, showers, and anything else that requires time I can use on my tasks. If it wasn't for taking the dogs out 3x per day I usually wouldn't see another person (or even natural sunlight for that matter) for days and sometimes weeks at a time. It's sort of like being manic-depressive, but without the depressive part. Thankfully this time I'm using my Pomodoro Technique to include healthy eating each day and working out regularly because these things are part of my job description. Right now I'm taking a couple of days to come up for air. I went to 2 church services yesterday, spent some quality time with people, and watched some Netflix for diversion. And today, I'm taking care of the domestics (laundry, food prep, phone calls, etc) and getting ready to jump back into another week of LOCK-DOWN MODE.

We have 10 days till our summer trips begin and I have about 2 months of work to do in those 10 days. My goal is 100 Pomodoros this week. I knocked out 93 last week and 106 the week before. A typical work week would be about 50. I absolutely love the Pomodoro Technique and I'm customizing it to make it a perfect fit for my personality and temperament.

I think our Ministry Partners & supporters would be very pleased to see how hard we work to run this ministry. It can often be perceived by the casual onlooker that we just have a bunch of fun in GTD, but the reality is that it takes a lot of hard work to plan, prepare, and provide group events. Thankfully I'm not afraid of hard work, and, in fact, I actually love it.

Please keep us in your prayers as we enter our 20th year of summer camps. We have tons to get done and I can't do it in my own power. It has to be fuel by the Spirit of God.

Watch out mountains of tasks and a summer full of physically demanding trips... I'm coming for you... in Jesus name!