Friday, June 19, 2015

Good Morning From Costa Rica - Day 3 (Harvest Church)

Good morning to our family and friends back home!  It's been a full morning so far and the team is working hard at several different projects on the dormitory in the back of the church. From concrete mixing, digging a septic, moving blocks, sifting dirt to sanding concrete walls the team is doing it all with the help and guidance of several local Costa Ricans, including Pastor Danilo of the church here Fortuna!

This morning we read from Psalms 139 and each person shared what God was teaching them through it. I love how David described God as knowing us so intimately, kind of like an artist who works so attentively on a masterpiece in the privacy of his own studio. I like to think of God in the same way with us when David says, "My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth." (Psalm 139:15) Isn't a beautiful thought to think?  God made us and knows us intimately and better than we or anyone else?  Not only that, but that God has made us each with a specific plan and purpose, "Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." (Psalm 139:16) God makes no mistakes, David recognized this in his writings where he says "I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well." (Psalm 139:14) He loves us, cherish us, pursues us, knows us, forgives us and holds us in the palm of his hand.  A love like that is hard to find, but in God we have it!  Can you imagine? Just think as much as we love others or know others, their love or our love cannot compare to the depths of God's love for us or how well he knows us inside and out, because of that, it should be my every day desire to know him more intimately and allow his thoughts about me flood my thinking and not let the world define me, label me or concern me. I love Psalm139:17 where David says, "How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!" From time to time we may not give God the thought, time or attention he deserves, but yet he's always thinking about us. Now that is incredible! 

Pura Vida! 
Laurie