WHY IS GTD TRYING TO RAISE $25,000???
Did you know that it takes $175,000 to run GTD each year?
We are happy to report that although GTD is a 501(c)(3) non-profit outdoor adventure ministry we DO NOT need to fund-raise for 100% of our annual budgetary needs like a lot of non-profit organizations have to do.
In fact, we don't need to fund-raise for 80%... or 60%... or 40% ...or 30%... or even 20%. The reality is that of the $175,000 it takes to run GTD each year we only need to fund-raise for about $30,000 of that. THAT IS A MERE 17% OF OUR ANNUAL BUDGET. The remaining 83% ($145,000) of our annual budget comes through all the hard work that goes into running 25-30 events each year.
We believe that the Lord has led us to be a program supported ministry instead of a donation dependent ministry. There is absolutely nothing wrong with any non-profit that is 100% donation dependent, but GTD is a unique non-profit that is able to generate humble revenues through our programs. In fact, our goal over the next few years is to be 100% program supported. That's not to say that we won't still need to receive donations, but rather that those donations will then be able to go towards the growth & expansion of GTD instead of simply sustaining us year-to-year. That's our goal, but we're not quite there yet. We still need to raise $30,000 each year.
Our goal for this year's Annual Banquet was to raise $25,000 of the $30,000 we need to raise over one year. We pray throughout the year for God to prompt the hearts of donors to sporadically donate the remaining $5,000.
We basically try to do all of our annual fund raising at one event, our Annual Banquet in November. That's why every October & November you see us asking people to support GTD by sponsoring banquet tables, making donations, and becoming monthly partners. And that's what we are asking you to consider doing as well.
We invite you to help support the work of GTD. You can still make a donation, and/or become a monthly partner by clicking on this link.
To learn more about GTD click here.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and for your thoughtful consideration of donating to our cause. God bless you!