Saturday, September 30, 2017

STRiVE to THRiVE

STRiVE to THRiVE

I'm 8 weeks into one of the most exciting seasons of my life!

It's a period of time in which I'm striving for thriving at one of the deepest levels of my life. I'm on a quest of wisdom acquisition and wisdom application.

I've been incredibly blessed and immensely fortunate to have come to know Jesus at the age of 8 years old. Since that time I've acquired many truths, many life principles, and many "gold nuggets" of wisdom that have internally, externally, and eternally blessed my life beyond measure, and - just as importantly - prevented me from pursuing a lot of self destructive choices. That's not to say that I haven't made some dumb and unwise decisions along the way as well as experienced broken dreams, broken bones, and failed pursuits. But, by the grace of God, I've been very blessed to keep my personal vices and "self inflicted wounds" to a minimum for 47 years. I've also been very proactive to chase down and overcome most of my fears, foolish tendencies, generational sins, and impulsive temptations. Even though I own very little and have not experienced many of the things that our culture screams is necessary to "be happy" (never been drunk, never done drugs, never had sex outside of marriage... and, since I've never been married, that makes me a 47 year old virgin) I do experience a high level of freedom, happiness, joy, zeal, excitement, and fulfillment. BUT, I still haven't reached my full potential. Not even close. I still haven't been as fruitful for God's glory as He has given me the capacity to be. I still haven't developed more strategies in life to be successful other than hard work and perseverance. My solution usually is to work harder not smarter. But that's all changing right now. I'm at a moment in my personal history when I'm striving to push beyond just grit and tenacity in order to achieve. Those are 2 very important character qualities that prevent giving up (which is the definition of failure), but they are the same ingredients that drive sleep deprivation, over working, under nourishing, and a myriad of lifestyle choices that, in time, can actually be counterproductive. Now is the time when I'm making the bold switch from being primarily a "grinder" to becoming a WISE grinder... from someone who works 60-80 hours a week (I love my job! And I LOVE to work!!) and hates sleep to becoming someone who infuses greater levels of WISDOM & DISCIPLINE into my lifestyle so that I'm working less hours, getting more sleep, and yet achieving more. I have the discipline of a winner, but now I'm striving for the discipline of a CHAMPION!

So I'm already 8 weeks into this God-awesome transformation and the initial results are off the charts. I'm beyond excited about each small WISE new DISCIPLINE I'm experimenting with and it's immediate positive impact on reaching my full potential in Christ. I look forward to sharing all the details as I continue my quest to STRiVE to THRiVE. Since I own my own business (for a lack of a better term), and it's very physically - emotionally - mentally demanding, and my career requires that I spend up to 5 months each year travelling, these elements add an entirely more complicated approach to reaching my goals. But it is obtainable and it is sustainable. I just need to do it in a WISER and MORE DISCIPLINED way in order to THRiVE at the level God designed me for. This is the quest I'm already 8 weeks into pursuing and I look forward to sharing my successes and failures along the way 😊.

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." - Jesus (John 10:10)

"By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples." - Jesus (John 15:8)


.