Thursday, April 13, 2017

25 years later...

I had breakfast this morning with one of my original college pastors - Tom Elkins - from the late 80's & early 90's at First Baptist Church of Indian Rocks (FBCIR).

We've been able to stay in contact through Facebook, but I haven't seen him in person for 25 years. I was blessed to serve on his leadership team and as his intern in 1990 - 1992 at FBCIR.

It's such a blessing to reminisce about so many great memories and express my gratitude for all the Biblical principles he taught during his time at FBCIR that impacted my life and walk with God.

This guy is still serving God with great passion along with his superstar wife Linda Richmond Elkins. He founded an incredible ministry called Charis Partners International. You can check it out here: www.charispartners.org

One of many things I love about God and the way He designed life is that when we make good healthy wise Godly decisions in the present then we reap a lifetime of great memories & moments of impact that still have positive effects 25 years later and beyond. Today was a reminder of that.

I'm so blessed to have been involved with great churches like FBCIR that invest in the lives of college students and young adults. It has blessed my life beyond measure!

Thank you Jesus! Thank you FBCIR! Thank you Tom & Linda =)