Thursday, January 25, 2024

SAY HELLO TO OUR NEWEST PART TIMER... FAITH ZIMA!!

   
With Carson's shark charter business booming he has had to cut back his hours with GTD. So we needed someone who could fill in those vacant hours. I heard Faith (one of our high school volunteers) was available, and in one quick phone call we had a new part time staff member. I knew from working with Faith over the past few years that she was a very hard worker, super organized, super intelligent, and super fun... so I already knew she would be a great blessing as a staff member, BUT I HAD NO IDEA THAT SHE WAS SOOOOOO MECHANICALLY INCLINED & SOOOOOO FAST AT GETTING WORK DONE AT SUCH A HIGH LEVEL OF EXCELLENCE!! It has been 2 weeks and I can't even put into words what a blessing this young lady has been to our ministry!! In just a couple of days she assembled a recumbent exercise bike, 5 pizza ovens, an outdoor foosball table, a 2-person basketball game, and a bunch of other things!! And she did them all accurately and with solid construction!! We have been doing a lot of Movie Nites with campfires, and I have plenty of firewood in the backyard. On her 2nd day of work she showed up with an ax to chop firewood... when that wasn't efficient enough she showed up the next day with a reciprocating saw and cut up a ton of firewood... this young lady takes so much initiative and doesn't run from the work, she runs to the work! One of our sayings in GTD is, "See the need; take the initiative." In other words, don't wait to be asked or told to do something you see needs to be done... just go ahead and step up and do what needs to be done. Faith is a great example of taking initiative! In just 2 weeks she has already made a big impact!! As I've shared many times, all the years of caregiving for my awesome parents has put me years behind on everything in my life, work, ministry, etc. A few months ago God gave me a window of opportunity to start taking back my life with the specific promise that He "will restore the years that the locust have eaten" (Joel 2). And WOW, He is doing exactly that! Much to share! I certainly miss Carson and all the work he helps me with as well as the fun & fellowship we have together. I'm happy to share that Faith is already doing a fantastic job helping fill Carson's very big shoes! On a cool side note, God used this ministry (GTD) as an instrumental part in Faith's parents meeting & getting married. So I guess you could say that Faith is literally part of the "fruit" of this ministry... she is a 2nd generation GTDer, and we are so blessed to have her on our Staff! Welcome to Team GTD Faith!!
 
 
.