Saturday, June 13, 2020
PLAN B, C, D, & E... ... SALVAGING THE SUMMER! .... PREPARING FOR THE FALL!! ..... PLANNING FOR 2021!!!
Here are some of the adjustments we are making:
- Encouraging groups to postpone or adjust instead of cancel
- Shifting our emphasis off of summer and onto fall
- Encouraging local groups that had to cancel their summer adventures with us in TN to consider doing local day camps instead
- Offering up the new vacancies in our summer calendar to other groups that may be looking for a summer Adventure Trip in TN
- Offering social distancing & mitigation options for camp such as individual tents, 6 feet of separation between camp chairs, hand washing stations, maintaining distancing throughout activities such as rock climbing - rappelling - hiking - and waterfall slides, carpooling or driving individually instead of using vans, etc
- Using vacant dates on the calendar to work on needed projects
- Planning out 2021 (I can't wait to share with you where we are going for SLAMMED 2021!)
- Preparing our Ministry Partner "Christmas In July" mail out of gifts and thank you's to our donors.
- Getting caught up on plenty of office work.
- Praying for discernment so that we are in tune with how God is directing our steps
Thank you for praying for GTD and for your faithful support!
This is a little cheesie, but I was working on our "game-plan summary" for surviving the economic impact related to COVID-19. The first 2 words of the first 2 priorities each started with the letters "S" & "F" sooooooooo I rolled with it and made every priority start with the same 2 letters. I had to stretch a little to make them all work (haha), but here it is. You can call it GTD's [S][F] COVID-19 game-plan.
1) [S]EEK [F]IRST (The Kingdom of God & His Righteousness)
2) [S]ECURE [F]UNDS (Event Revenues, Contributions, Grants, PPP, EIDL)
3) [S]TAY [F]OCUSED & [S]TAY [F]LEXIBLE (Don't get distracted by all the "news" while at the same time remaining open to new opportunities)
3a) [S]ECOND [F]AVORITES (Adjust to the situation. We can't do your first choice, but how about these alternatives)
3b) [S]CAN [F]ALL-BACKS (Plan A isn't working out so how about Plan B? C? D? E?)
3c) [S]URF [F]LIPSIDES (Surf the new wave coming your way. Consider leaning into the open summer schedule for getting other projects done and developing more local day trips)
4) [S]ELECT [F]OOTPATH (By prayer, wisdom, & discernment pick the best path that remains available)
5) [S]TUMBLE [F]ORWARD (This is unprecedented. It won't be perfect so learn from each stumble as you advance your position)
6) [S]ERVE [F]ELLOWMAN (The main objective of all your efforts is to serve others in Jesus name)