2016 COSTA RICA Mission Trip
- PROMO VIDEO -
Check out this video of what a GTD Costa Rica Mission Trip looks like.
- EVENT DETAILS -
- COSTA RICA Mission Trip
- July 2-9, 2016 (Sat-Sat)
- COST PER PERSON: $849
- (Payment 1- due upon registration).... $212.25 (MP: $199.75)
- (Payment 2 - three months prior to trip).... $212.25 (MP: $199.75)
- (Payment 3 - two months prior to trip).... $212.25 (MP: $199.75)
- (Payment 4 - one month prior to trip).... $212.25 (MP: $199.75)
MINISTRY PARTNER'S (MP) DISCOUNT.... $799 (Any Date)
- STEP 1: ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST REGISTER!!
- STEP 2: COMPLETE THE GTD MISSION TRIP APPLICATION PROCESS
- STEP 3: Select one of our payment options to lock in your spot.
- Your flight must arrive at LIR Airport (Liberia, CR) by 3pm on Saturday July 2, 2016
- Your flight must depart from LIR Airport (Liberia, CR) at 10am or later on Saturday July 9, 2016
- La Fortuna De Bagaces, Costa Rica (Guanacaste Province) - Central America
- NOTE: This is not the same highly touristed Fortuna near the Arenal Volcano
- GPS: 10°40.363'N, 85°11.784'W
- 8 years and older (15 and under must be accompanied by an adult)
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Full time GTD mission guides, local guides, translators, accommodations during trip, all breakfasts, lunches, and dinners in Costa Rica (except at airports) as well as some snacks, mission projects & included activities, ground transportation & fuel within Costa Rica, travel medical insurance, daily devotionals, spiritual emphasis, and a God-awesome trip of a lifetime!
- GTD provides a memorable trip to nearby thermal hot springs where participants will enjoy a delicious Costa Rican dinner, a waterslide, and a few hours of swimming in pools heated by a local volcano. After a few days of physically demanding work and a few nights of possible sleep deprivation the thermal hot springs nights are nothing less than refreshingly special.
- Air travel arrangements, airfare, construction costs (if applicable), transportation to/from home airport, meals at airports, Costa Rica departure tax, trip cancellation insurance, any gratuities for local guides, unscheduled snacks, souvenirs, additional activities not scheduled for this trip, and any costs incurred by lost or stolen passports.
- Travel medical insurance does not cover medical expenses while inside the US borders. It is not designed to replace your personal health insurance while inside the US borders even if a medical condition resulted while traveling abroad. It is only designed to cover certain medical expenses while outside of the US (or your home country). Coverage begins once you arrive in Costa Rica. Coverage ends once you return within the US borders. See specific details of coverage from provider.
- GTD, host missionaries, and anyone related to providing this event are not responsible for coverage of any medical expenses that may arise during your mission trip. Every participant assumes personal responsibility for any medical expenses not covered by travel medical insurance or their own personal health insurance. Participants, staff, and volunteers all participate at their own risk.
- Bunkhouse on the church property
- Bunk beds (4-6" foam mattress, sheets & pillows provided)
- Includes flush toilets; electricity; "lukewarm" & cold showers
- No A/C available... it's a mission trip in a developing country!!!
- In general, almost all Costa Rican meals (including breakfast) include black beans and rice (gallo pinto). This simple, standard dish, often referred to as comida tipica, is the backbone of Costa Rican cuisine. Costa Rican meals are generally quite healthy and are often times served with a good portion of fruits or vegetables or both, the meals are very well rounded and generally high in fiber. Food staples include carne (beef, sometimes called bistek), pollo (chicken), and pescado (fish), and taco style meals.
- Everyone is required to have a current Passport. (Visa not required)
- NOTE: Costa Rica officials will not allow anyone into the country with a passport that expires within 3 months after the start date of your trip.
ARRIVAL INFO (AIR TRAVEL):
- GTD does not provide air travel.
***SPECIAL NOTE***YOU WILL BE FLYING INTO LIBERIA (LIR) for this public mission trip.
- Secure your tickets asap!
DEPARTURE INFO (AIR TRAVEL):
- We will be returning to Liberia airport (LIR) by 7:00am the following Saturday (book your departing flight for 10am or later) (please make flight departure time at least 3 hours later than when we are scheduled to return to the airport)
- VERY IMPORTANT: Costa Rica charges a $29 airport exit tax. You must pay this before checking your luggage. This fee is not included with the price of your trip.
- Complete a Missions Application
- Have 3 Character Reference Forms completed. One form should be filled out by a Pastor or Sunday School Leader or your boss and the other forms can be filled out by a family member and a close friend.
- GTD Waiver (Please print and complete prior to arrival)
- NOTE: Any participant under 18 must also have parent/ guardian sign each waiver
- GTD events can be paid for with cash, checks, or debit / credit cards. To pay online with a debit or credit card click on the PayPal link near the top of this link. If paying with cash or check click here.
- CLICK HERE to view highlight pictures from past COSTA RICA Mission Trips
- Costa Rica Church (Bunkhouse): 011-506-2673-0054 or 011-506-2673-1760
- Costa Rica (Pastor Danilo): 011-506-8816-2777 (cell)
- NOTE: Church & Pastor are Spanish speaking
- COSTA RICA-
THE HAPPIEST COUNTRY OF THE WORLD
Did you know Costa Rica was rated as the happiest country in the world in 2012?
Starting our day with devotions is one way of allowing God to speak to us
while serving on the mission field.
- COMMUNITY OUTREACH-
Prayer Walks, Evangelism, Children's Carnivals, Delivering Food & Necessities,
Distribution Of Clothes & Shoes, Relationship Building
Working together to share the love of Christ.
- SERVICE PROJECTS-
Manual Labor & Construction
Some of the various manual labor and construction projects our teams have been
involved in are mixing concrete, replacing culverts, painting, making gardens,
yard work, community clean up, demolition and building dorms.
- The Costa Rican Church -
Iglesia Biblica Buen Pastor
Our teams have helped to lead Sunday worship at our partner church in Costa Rica, they have also
participated in youth and prayer services, shared testimonies, preached sermons,
and performed skits and have been incredibly impacted just by attending.
- The People-
Our Costa Rican Family & Friends
Being a part of this local community since 2005 has helped GTD to build some close
relationships with many wonderful people that oftentimes make these people
feel more like family. These are some of the beautiful people we get to
work with and who help make our mission trips so unique
and special for our teams.
We are so blessed by the friendship of our translators. This is our dear friend Toly (the one on the right).
- THE BEAUTY, CULTURE & ADVENTURE-
Zip Lining, Horseback Riding, White Water Rafting, Waterfalls, Beaches, Volcanoes,
Fruits, Coffee Making, Petroglyphs & More
- SAMPLE AGENDA -
Sample Agenda based off a Saturday - Saturday Calendar (Subject To Change)
- CHECKLIST -
What You Should Bring