Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A Post From Kim

Hey guys this is Kim, and believe it or not we are having a blast. I know that each and everyone of us walked into this trip with our own expectations, but the truth is it has truly changed our lives.  We were well received at the airport with love and excitement from Laurie, Doug, and Jessie.  They look like they knew what they were doing and their heart to help the people is contagious while the theme of the trip, to be the hands and feet of Jesus, to instill the needs of others within our group and team building skills is exactly what we have experienced.

Our first full day we began the morning with our daily devotion diving deep into the word that not only verifies the days tasks ahead but the purpose in our hearts to do the work. This awesome man of God, Alfredo, joined us with his 2 oxen and the cart to pull us around the church. The excitement and the entertainment of the animals kept us laughing but once we got to a farm that's when the real fun began.  Little did any of us know this beautiful country farm constisted of lava rocks, cows, bulls, monkies, and cow poo.  Lots and lots of cow poo but somehow none of us seemed to care due to the breath taking scenery.  Our next big adventure for our group was White water Rafting.  For me I have to say I was very scared.  I can't swim that well and as we got there I was told we would be falling off of a class 5 (12 foot drop).  I began to tremble but the 2 hours it took to get to that point begain to stretch my faith to the point by the time we got to the drop I was ready.  I knew it was only the begining of what God was going to do with us.

God blessed us with bags full of shoes to pass out to the beautiful children in need but what we didn't know was it would change our lives forever. The Pastors in the comunity began to stretch my faith because they know all things with God are possible and no matter what rescources they don't posses, they know God will provide. For me that is huge knowing God will and can do amazing things in this country.

Church here was amazing! No matter the launguage barrier, we all praise The Lord the same way together as the manifest presence of The Lord was amoung us. My heart for this country and the beautiful people will always remain. Even as I type, my prayer is, Lord please let me return to Fortuna soon. -Kim