Friday, April 18, 2014

HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY!! (from DUG)

HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY!! I'm so thankful that Christ took my sins, my failures, and my spiritual debts upon Himself to become the perfect sacrifice. He didn't do it only for me, but for the entire world. But it only works when we make it personal.

Just like anti-venom for a deadly snake bite, it's not enough to just know about it. It has to go from the vial into the syringe and then into your blood stream. It can't save your life just by being aware of it. It can't even save your life just by believing it exists. It has to get inside of you. You have to receive it.

Likewise, we have all been bitten by a deadly snake in a spiritual sense. There is only one anti-venom that can save us. It's the perfect blood of Jesus Christ. His body was the vial. The cross is the syringe. The anti-venom has to go from the vial into the syringe and then into your spiritual blood stream. It can't save your life just by being aware of it. It can't even save your life just by believing that God exists. It has to get inside of you. You have to receive it.

The Bible refers to Jesus as the Great Physician. Good Friday is the day that Jesus' vial (His body) was broken and punctured and His blood flowed so that we can be saved... that we can be liberated... that we can celebrate wholeness and the fullness of life... that we can have eternal life. He makes His supernatural anti-venom freely available. But He doesn't force it on you. At a certain point you have a responsibility in this. You have to receive it in order for it to work. You have to administer the injection by placing your faith in the finished work of Jesus on the cross.

One way to place your faith in Jesus is by praying a simple prayer from your heart like this: "Dear God, I confess that I am separated from You. I have missed the mark. I have sinned against You. I ask you to forgive me of all the wrong things I have done. Jesus, thank You for dying on the cross for my salvation so that I can be made whole and have eternal life. I ask You to come into my heart and to be my Savior and the Lord of my life. From this day forward I commit my life to following You." If you sincerely placed your faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ then you just became a new Christian. The Bible says that you are now born again spiritually. Like any newborn you need to grow. Start reading the Bible & find a great church... your spiritual adventure has just begun!

Jesus paid the full price on Good Friday. He BRAVELY & COURAGEOUSLY went to the cross to pay for our sins. He's my Superhero! We have so much to celebrate!!   - DUG <><