Some days take on a life of their own. That's how yesterday was. We probably had 10 different adventures within one day of adventure. I'm still processing and savoring it... Yonah Mountain = new destination (for the other 3 guys, and I haven't been there in 20+ years), intense uphill hike, each person carried 2 backpacks, thick fog at the mountain top with 20 ft of visibility, temporarily "lost" from low visibility, teachable training moments for Carson & Andrew, miraculous-like clearing of the thick fog in about 5 minutes to reveal breathtaking views (and the trails as well as the edges of the cliffs), miraculous-like encounters with strangers that helped us get reoriented to find our trail to our rock climbing spot, a near fall off of a narrow trail edge about 10 feet above the rocks below (I was able to grab a tree to keep me from going over the edge, but slammed & twisted my left knee), slightly injured but still able to hike & climb with a limp, the injury meant Carson & Andrew had to set up the climbing anchors (a true passing of the torch as I always set up the rappel & climbing anchors, and they were able to apply the anchor training I have been teaching them), we all got to climb before darkness hit, hiking downhill with headlamps on, fully exhausted and fully alive, getting back to camp late for dinner and Impact Point, and probably several other adventures within the adventure!! Emeil, and all of us, had one of the best days of our lives full of unknown outcomes while relishing in the moment. A lot of it was captured on pictures, videos, & drone footage. It was truly an epic God-awesome day!!
.