Saturday, September 19, 2026

IT WAS NO mis"STEAK" MAKING THIS GUY GTD'S FUTURE CEO!!

  
Carson is 9 months into a 2 year process of replacing me as GTD's next CEO (target date: January 2028), and he is doing a fantastic job rising to the occasion 👏 👏. We have a saying in GTD for everyone who comes on as a new volunteer, staff member, or board member: "You can add to the ministry, but you cannot take away from the ministry." In other words, your presence makes us better, not worse. Carson has been adding to GTD since the day he was born! Over the summer he took our menu and made it better by adding new delicious meals (I loved the new chicken quesadillas!!), and even an option to upgrade your menu to steak, bacon, & sausage for an additional charge. The Calvary Church Men's Adventure Trip was our first steak & potatoes dinner along with Carson's world famous sausage, egg, bacon, & cheese breakfast sandwiches!! They were BIG HITS!! He just added to the ministry (per usual)!! It was definitely no mis"STEAK" making Carson GTD's future CEO! Great decision God!!!

(PS: I have not done a great job of describing what I'm doing after I pass the torch to Carson. Lord willing, I'm not retiring from GTD... just pivoting to new roles and new programs. Carson will become my boss! I'll assist him however he needs without pseudo micro-managing him while I focus on developing new areas of the ministry I have wanted to work on for the past 30 years. I'm definitely not retiring. The last 5+ years made it evident that I need to start passing the torch sooner rather than later. By the grace of God I'm not having any problems "letting go". It's God's perfect timing to pass the torch to the next generation FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS!)
 
 
.