Friday, July 24, 2026

20 WEEKS WITHOUT MISSING A WORKOUT... LOL, DOING WHATEVER IT TAKES!

   
I've never made it thru a summer of Adventure Trips without eventually "falling off the wagon" with my workouts, my nutrition, sound sleep, or believe or not quality daily devotions. It actually makes sense when you think about it. We work 16 hour days running event after event. The days are often fast paced with high physical, mental, & emotional demand. The human body gets fatigued, and consistency can easily go out the window. If you have ever gone on action packed vacation and tried to have consistent quality workouts, nutrition, sleep, & daily devotions you may have experienced that it's really hard to stay on top of it away from your structure. That's what happens to me almost every summer. Even though we have daily devotions on the trips I'm often fighting the preoccupation of thinking through every detail of the day we are leading up. In addition, in the privacy of my home, I like to actively pray as I walk & talk to God & worship Him (I call it prayer pacing). If you were to see me through the windows you would probably think I'm schizophrenic or that I've totally lost it. I'd feel way to awkward walking around camp talking & signing out loud while other people were trying to have some stillness so they can pray & read the Word. Anyways, it's super challenging to stay consistent while on the road. But this time I've doubled down on my discipline while easing up on how I define a quality workout, devotion, nutrition, & sleep habits while traveling. My goal this summer is to "maintain the gains"... to do at least the minimal needed to not go backwards. Then after the summer is over I can pick up where I left off before the summer started instead of starting all over again because I didn't maintain. Anyways, this may sound pretty basic or trivial, but for me it's a major breakthrough if I can pull it off. I haven't missed a workout (or regular quality devotions, good sleep, & decent nutrition) in 20 weeks PTL, and my new adjustments seem to be the perfect strategy that has eluded me for 30 years of summers. This day was leg day (yes, I do workout my legs even though they don't look like it hahaha... somebody has to make the chickens feel validated lol) so I pieced together a squat & calf raising weight set out of a tree limb & propane tanks hahaha! I guess you could say, "No (pro)pain, no gain!". I do have a gym bag full of resistance bands that I usually use, but this day I wanted to switch it up lol. Going from survival to revival 1 workout & 1 day at a time. Getting back to my old drive, motivation, & passion for life =) . Thank You Jesus!!
 
 
.