Saturday, August 15, 2026

ASKING FOR VOLUNTEERS NEXT SATURDAY FOR 2 HOURS AT "THE PROJECTS" (GTD's Headquarters... AKA: my house)

   
I want to thank, honor, & glorify God that my drive, motivation, strong mindedness, & determination have 80% returned. God has been healing that which broke inside of me after the loss of our awesome parents combined with 5+ years of hard Caregiving & way overextending myself. I'm not 100%, but I'm not negative 20% like I was 1 year ago ready to quit everything and planning my Prodigal Son path. God saved my soul when I was 8 years old, and He rescued my wayward heart & mind a year ago and started me on a path from Survival to Revival. He can transform our waywardness into our good as he excavates our pride and increases our humility which is the conduit by which His Spirit works. What the enemy intended for harm, God makes it backfire into our good & God's glory. All that to say, "I'm back baby!!", and we are picking back up on all "The Projects" here at GTD Central Command (aka: my house). It has taken me 7 years to get a few months of work done. It was so discouraging, overwhelming, & paralyzing to be surrounded by so many projects that needed immediate attention, but have no energy or time or pathway to do anything but grow deeper and deeper into depression. As awful as it was I'm so glad I now know how debilitating deep depression is, and now I'm better equipped to empathize, understand, and pray for my fellow soldiers in the battlefield of life. Anyways, every month we are going to have a 2 hour Work Day at "The Projects" and keep making progress on the GTD Headquarters. The Trail Life kids showed us last month that a handful of people can make a big impact in only 2 hours!! We have lots of construction projects (drywall, insulation, flooring, lighting, painting, moving cabinets, etc, etc, etc), and I could use plenty of help. That's probably been my biggest hindrance in 30 years of ministry... I didn't ask for help most of the time. My Mom and I had this terrible mindset that we feel like we are inconveniencing people if we ask for help. I have found that is the wrong perspective. Many people are actually honored to be asked to help, and I've often robbed people of the opportunity to help in life changing Christ-centered ministry that enriches our lives as we serve and care for our participants. So now, at age 55, I'm learning to be a good asker. It feels very awkward when you inherently believe you are interrupting & disrupting people's lives. But I'm learning that's only true when you ask someone like me who is already over committed to too many things. But for many people they want to help be part of something bigger than themselves. So I'm learning to ask. And in doing so I punch the devil in the throat because he knows this unleashes the Body of Christ to do good works that God has already prepared in advance for us to do. If you would like to help us do some work at "The Projects" we would love your help! You can sign up on our sign-up link below. Thank you in advance, and glory to God in the highest!!

Upcoming Work Days at GTD's "The Projects"
August 22 (9am-11am)
September 26 (9am-11am)
October 17 (9am-11am)

Work Day sign-up link for next Saturday (Aug 22)
 
 
.