Saturday, May 5, 2018

THE MAGIC CARPET RIDE!

I've hardly had time to come up for air. There is so much going on. We finished up a great IGNITE retreat last weekend that I look fwd to posting about soon. I'm still savoring and rejoicing over the new home purchase!! Surprisingly I've only been able to get over to the new place a couple of times last week (I still haven't met most of my neighbors). We are heading into our peak GTD season so there are several contracts and trip preparations for summer camps that need to be finalized. It's all coming together even with a sudden list of new home projects. I'm developing a strategy to try to manage everything within the 168 hours in a week without disrupting my daily disciplines and recently developed (& cherished) healthy sleeping habits (I hate going to sleep haha!! I love pursuing my passions and goals. But I've found that I'm more productive and healthy if I get to bed by midnight at least 5 nights per week... so I'm dedicated to doing that.). Anyways, the game plan is coming together and I hope to have my strategy in place by next Friday. I'm in the process of moving out of the old place, moving into the new place, starting renovations, transferring everything over (new drivers license, utility bills, updating address to each account and mailing, etc, etc, etc - lots of small updates), and continuing to run the ministry... so keeping very busy. It took about 4 hours, but I was able to rip up all the old carpet and remove it. It's been in the house for well over 20 years and judging by all the strains on the underside I think there were about 10 fatalities in the house LOL! I still need to pull up all the old linoleum throughout the house next. I was happy to find the hardwood floors in pretty good shape in the bedrooms and the subflooring in the attic in PERFECT condition. The living room had small stick-um tiles under the carpet so that looks like it may be a pretty big task to get down to the hardwood and see if it's usable. It's looking like I will get to put 20-35 hours of work each week into the new place for the next month so I'm hoping to make some decent progress. Thank you all for the encouragement and support! I can't wait to move fwd with each project (and hopefully move in next week so I get more done). AND, I had my first visitor! My awesome sister & brother-in-law!! Looking fwd to more visitors and guests!!

Fighting for things worth fighting for!

STRiVE to THRiVE!