Friday, July 15, 2016

You Helped Us Feed 25 Families

Before I left for Costa Rica I sent a message out to many of my friends who have been a huge part of Going The Distance Adventure Ministry. It was my goal to raise $1,500 and together we exceeded the amount and raised about $2,650!  Not only did we get to feed families and buy needed supplies for the children's VBS, but we were able to do so much more and bless some sweet families, local church plants, provide for unexpected needs, and bless the church community. I plan to share more details, but tonight I wanted to share with you all that we were able to deliver food to 25 different families in need. Families received a bag full of necessities (beans, rice, oil, spaghetti, sauce, ramen noodles, salt, coffee, tea, cookies for the children, powdered milk, soap, tuna, tortillas, and vegetables). 

For me it's so humbling to share this gift with families whose cupboards are bare. It took about $30 to feed each family and I can only imagine what it must have felt like for some of these families to receive a gift like this. From an empty cupboard to filling bellies...I know it's not a solution to their situation, but it's love in action. It shows them that they matter, that they are not forgotten, and that God is at work. It gives them hope and helps them through another day. 

Together we share time with these families, we get to know them, we pray for their needs, and we share with them about the generous people here in the United States who made this gift possible. 

To each person who donated to this request, I wish I could wrap my arms around each one of you to say thank you individually, and I wish you could take a peek into my heart and see how full it is. Thank you for your belief in this ministry and being the hands and feet of the church. Your donation made a difference. May God bless you for your generosity.