Thursday, July 14, 2016

Everything Little Thing Makes A Difference

A few years ago I was given these blankets to take down to Costa Rica with me as a gift for anyone who might need one. That year we walked the streets of a very poor neighborhood and delivered food to families in need. This particular blanket was given to a sweet woman who was about to have a baby. This year when I returned I found this blanket hanging on the laundry line at her house. The blanket itself was made by a little old lady...a neighbor of mine who couldn't get around very well but could still knit. A few months ago that sweet little woman passed away. It was such an honor to see her blanket hanging in such a special place. The women explained to me what a special gift it was to her, how she always remembered me and the act of kindness we brought to her home.  I then shared with her the story of my neighbor Mary and she was even more touched by the gift I had given her back then. We may not have a lot to give, we may not be able to do a lot for others, but never underestimate the impact your gift can make...big or small, it makes a difference. I loved seeing Mary's kindness live on through the blanket she made.  It will be a joy to share this photo with her family. I hope they will know that her Mom's life made a difference even when she could barely leave her home.  To this woman and her family it was the world. 💕 #love #loveunconditionally #give #kindness #blanket #little #hope #God #missions #makeadifference #life