Monday, May 5, 2014

Monomaniacal


I'm in a MONOMANIACAL mode, and I'm loving every second of it! Running a ministry or any organization - big or small - takes a lot of focus, determination, and discipline. It can be a daunting task to try to stay on top of all of the demands. Then consider that GTD is a small mobile ministry which means our 2 person staff is away from the office for several months out of the year and you begin to understand how it's easy to fall behind on emails, phone calls, social media posts, website updates, photo uploads, data entries, promotions, meetings, gear repacking, advertisements, additions of new events, and the list goes on and on and on. That's not a complaint; it's a challenge that I wholeheartedly embrace. In fact, I embraced that challenge 23 years ago when God placed the creation of this ministry in my heart. I ran with it and I've never looked back. Well, maybe I've glanced back a couple of times. But the fact that I have 2 months of nearly uninterrupted time to focus on office work that I've been chipping away at for several years has me more than a little giddy. In fact, I'm so singularly focused on office work right now that I can only be described as, monomaniacal. The dictionary defines monomaniacal as an obsessive zeal for a single subject. That describes my love for Jesus, and it defines my focus on the work at hand. I spent all of last week getting up at 5am and working until 9pm each night. That's a 16 hour work day. If you know me then you already know that's not very unusual for me and the time that I put into GTD. I've been doing that for years. But it's rare that I get a window of opportunity to do it uninterrupted with no major GTD event to pull me out of town for 2 months. I'm so stoked about it. And I'm getting so much work done already. I look forward to sharing with you the progress that happens over the next 2 months, but somehow I think you will be able to tell just by the improvements, developments, and enhancements that take place in GTD. Thank you for your support of me and this ministry... and thank you in advance for the prayer support that will carry me, Laurie, and this ministry into a whole new era of excellence! God bless... and stay tuned!   - DUG <><