Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Kind Words From My Former Young Adult Pastor

Thank you to my former young adult pastor from First Baptist Church of Indian Rocks, Tom Elkins, for his encouraging post on the GTD Facebook Page.

Tom wrote, "Congratulations! 18 years of High Impact advancing the Kingdom of God. Awesome testimony of committed love & faithfulness to Jesus Christ. Many have read RADICAL but Doug Garner lives a RADICAL FAITH!"

Tom and his wife Linda had a great impact in my life as you can tell by my response back to him: "Tom, thank you so much for your kind & encouraging words!! I can't tell you how often I think of you and the fond memories that I talk about frequently from your years as my college pastor & dear friend. Many of the messages that you preached and taught (as well as messages from Larry Mastromoro) continue to impact my life 25 years later. In fact, I rank the spiritual gifts test that you gave all the students as one of the top 5 most impacting & life altering moments of my life. It literally changed the course of my life once I understood what my spiritual gift(s) were/are. In fact, I share that story around the campfire probably 25 times per year as we teach & emphasize the importance of knowing your gifts, talents, abilities and inabilities. Thank you for the opportunity to serve under you in ministry and all the opportunities that you gave me and others to serve and grow and lead... thank you for your heart for Jesus and letting Him use you. God used you & Linda to have a huge impact on my life. Thank you so much! God bless you! Much Love - DUG <><"

I'm thankful for the family of God and how He uses it to impact our lives on into eternity =)