Monday, April 7, 2014

The 10 (or more) Essentials

I love playing with outdoor gear. This morning I'm repacking a couple of CamelBaks with "The 10 Essentials" for survival. Because there are actually more than 10 items recommended for "The 10 Essentials" I now refer to these survival "must haves" as "The Crucial Essentials". They include things like water, food, fire starter, water purification, first aid, signaling devices, paracord, knife, flashlight, sunscreen, insect repellant, etc, etc. They are the things you will wish you had if you get lost in the wilderness. In addition, it helps to have mental toughness & the know-how to use these items packed in a seperate pack... your "Brain Pack". At GTD we supply our guides with many of these items. That's why you see so much gear in the picture. I'm also doing inventory. I love this stuff =)