Friday, March 28, 2014

LORDY LORDY, LOOK WHO'S 40!!

LORDY LORDY, LOOK WHO'S 40!! GTD's Mission Director just turned 40! We had a wonderful time celebrating Laurie's 40th birthday on Wednesday. Due to the cold, the swimming with the dolphins was postponed until next week. Instead we had a delicious vegan lunch at Leafy Greens in St Pete then spent the day at Myakka State Park in Sarasota followed by dinner at Outback. /// Turning 40 is a milestone in many people's lives. For many, it is a time to reflect as well as to look ahead. Laurie shared her thoughts about turning 40 in a post on her facebook. It's a good read and I hope it's as encouraging to you as it is to me. Enjoy! ... and Happy 40th Birthday Laurie!

"THOUGHTS ABOUT MY 40th BIRTHDAY:
I write this on the eve of my 40th Birthday and as I think of ushering in the BIG 4-0-, I can't help but thank God for the years He has given me here on this earth. I am so thankful for the love and complete forgiveness I have found in Him as my Lord and Savior. My life has been full of ups and downs, great memories, bad choices, hurtful times, I've caused hurt and been hurt, I've overcome, I've struggled through, I've found joy in the simple things and in God's amazing beauty, I've lived in abundance and I've lived in need, I've looked into the eyes of loved ones on their death beds, cried many tears, my heart has been full of joy and sadness, I've said goodbye to those I've loved, longed for those I miss, I've made new friend and lost old, I've felt confident, successful and yet insecure all at the same time, I've impacted lives of children as a teacher, volunteer and missionary and still I feel as though I've haven't quite hit my God given potential, I've been an athlete and dancer, worked in a fast food and pizza chain, been a waitress, customer service rep, bartender, teacher, secretary, bridal consultant, realtor, cheerleader, coach, missions and prosperity director and through it all the LORD has refined me, changed me, challenged me, grown me, loved me, forgiven me, helped me, inspired me, pursued me and has NEVER given up on me even at times when I've given up on myself. My life is HIS. He is my friend and my creator, the one who has made me unique in every way. He's the one who put the curl in my hair, the pigment in my skin, the smile on my face, the color brown in my eyes, a great sense of smell and hearing, given me a sensitive heart of compassion, a love for mankind and animals, he's blessed me with creativity, an eye for photography, a passion for health, a desire to help others, a sense of wonder, a love of nature and so much more. Tonight I reflect on Psalm 139 (the entire chapter is worth the read), vs 13-18:

"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.
How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them! If I would count them, they are more than the sand. I awake, and I am still with you."

What beautiful thoughts! These words are a beautiful gift. I am blessed. My prayer is that all people would know and understand who God is and know Him as I do. My life has been forever changed by His love!

Happy Birthday to me! Here is to celebrating 40 years of life and for many more years to come! I look forward to seeing how God uses me in the future! Thanks for taking the time to read this, to wish me a Happy Birthday and for being a part of my journey!"  (- Laurie)