Monday, July 1, 2013

First Hurdle Cleared

Successfully navigated the first hurdle of the summer by not straying from my workouts and keeping pretty close to my nutritional goals while in Costa Rica for 11 days. I had to get a little creative with the weight lifting by using cinder blocks and a 3' pipe. Also started back running for the first time in well over a year. I was able to run a couple 5k's through the beautiful hilly terrain of Fortuna. Unfortunately I did get sick at the end of the trip & somehow I've lost 15 lbs pretty quickly. Heading to the Dr's to get an antibiotic this morning so I will be ready to kick off our Adventure Trips in TN this Sunday. Still savoring the amazing mission trip God blessed us with last week with The Seed Church and I'm looking fwd to blogging a little bit more about it & uploading the trip pics. I also love new beginnings... so here's to a new day on a new week on a new month... Happy Monday & Happy July =)

- Doug <><

---