Saturday, June 15, 2013

Late Night Prayers

Last night Jessie and I headed up to the mountain with some of the church leaders to pray. It's a weekly commitment they have made, and last night we were there from 9 p.m. to 12:30 a.m..  Some of the leaders stayed longer and often will stay until 5 a.m.!  I am deeply moved by their commitment to pray and I know The Lord is blessed by it. It makes me realize how much more I could be praying.  I pray The Lord fills me with a passion to pray like my brothers and sisters here in Costa Rica. 

"if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayer that is made in this place." 2 Chronicles 14-15