Monday, June 4, 2012

Meet The Texas Interns

The GTD Texas Interns are on their way to Costa Rica! Both Kayleigh and Connor graduated high school this past weekend and plan on spending 5 weeks interning in Costa Rica.  Madi is the youngest of all our interns and will be celebrating her birthday with us while she too spend 5 weeks interning in Costa Rica!  



Hello friends! I'm Kayleigh Farris, and I'm from Fort Worth, TX. I just finished my senior year, and I'm so excited to begin my life outside of high school, starting here in Costa Rica! I'm so thrilled that God placed this crazy awesome opportunity right in front of me, and that I'm getting to take part in it! I'm using this trip as a learning experience, and to take time to grow before heading off to college! I absolutely cannot wait to see all work that God is going to do through us as a team, as well as individually!


I'm really the type of guy who is up for anything. I love watching sports, I enjoy anything active, and things that really challenge my mind, puzzles and riddles for example. I am a video editor for my high school and family. I played high school football and was on the wrestling squad. And my walk with Christ has been getting better as time goes on.


My name is Madison Strickland, I'm from Fort Worth, Texas and just finished my Junior year in high school. Last summer I went with my church to Costa Rica for a week and fell in love with everything about the country. When I went I prayed that God would use that trip to clarify what he wants for my life, and he definitely cleared things up. I feel led to be a missionary when I "grow up" and I think this internship will help me learn how to be a missionary and what goes into planning mission trips. I know God is going to move mountains and win people over this summer! I'm so grateful for the opportunity this summer with GTD.