Friday, June 22, 2012

Flat Tire #2

If you liked the first flat tire post then you're going to love the sequel. 45 minutes after I lost the tread on the left rear trailer tire the spare tire also lost its tread. I pulled off on the next exit & a local guy told me that there is a tire repair shop a mile away. When I got there I found a "Closed" sign and a note that said the shop won't be back open until Monday. The next closest tire repair shop is 10 miles away. That means I will need to disconnect the trailer, take off the bad tire, load both bad tires in the truck, and drive to the tire shop. LOL, half the adventure is getting to the adventure!! Our record is 3 flat tires within 24 hours. We did it in Costa Rica in 2005 and in Key West in the early 2000's. Will this be a record breaking trip??? Stay tuned =)