Saturday, May 12, 2012

Hoarders Next Episode... or Trailer Mania!!


It took 3 full days, but the GTD enclosed trailer has been reorganized (mostly!). PTL!!! This has been one of those projects that I've been looking forward to doing for a few years, but just didn't have the time to do it. 

Back in March I removed all of our interior cabinets to make room for more storage containers. Over the past few weeks I've unloaded & reloaded the enclosed trailer 3 different times to sort through, group together, and repack our adventure equipment so that we could carry more gear. It's coming together beautifully!

After removing the cabinets, my dad and I built new shelves...
...but we ran out of time to organize all the "stuff".
In the meantime, one of our older shelves broke, causing many of our cots...
...to fall down on our equipment below.

So it was time to unload the trailer again...

...and set all the tents over here...
...and all the camp chairs over here...
...and everything else over here...
...and over here.

Now that the trailer was empty (again =)) I had room to reinforce the shelving brackets:

I replaced the wood screws with nuts & bolts.
Now it's strong enough to hold all the extra weight!

After all the sorting was complete it was time to repack the trailer.

 






It all fit like a glove! =)


---