Tuesday, October 4, 2011

So Much To Do!!

We are leaving for GTD's first ever Grand Canyon trip tomorrow!! I'm so excited about adding this event to GTD's line-up.

Laurie & I will arrive in AZ tomorrow morning - a day before our 5 person group of adventurers arrive on Thursday. We will spend Wed getting the mini van rented and other items in place as well as visit some family & friends in the area.

Leaving for 1 week is always difficult from the administration side. I still have 2 months worth of emails to review & reply back to as well as a ton of office work piled up on my desk. I use small pieces of lime green paper as my "pop-up" notes & reminders. As I'm working and a new to-do or idea pops up in my head I quickly write it down on my lime green piece of paper and set it into a stack (I have 1 stack for "urgent - do it asap" & 1 stack for "later"). Currently I have 40+ "pop-up" notes. If I don't write it down immediately then I will likely forget about it as I continue to tackle "The Pile" of daily, weekly & monthly routine tasks that are all part of running a ministry / non-profit business.

Although I can't wait to get to the Grand Canyon, the pile of unfinished work always makes it difficult to leave... and a little overwhelming to return. In these moments it's great to be reminded that there is only one real focus that I need to concentrate on each day and that is completely surrendering to Jesus & sitting at His feet. Luke 10:38-42 displays this way better than I ever could:

Luke 10:38-42 As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!" "Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."